17 February 2013

Cherish Hope Dream


Paula here again, with another A4 layout - I'm having one of those moments while writing this wondering if this is good enough for a DT piece......as you might have read before, I'm new to scrapbooking and journaling, so to be honest I don't know what I'm doing but I'm just following my heart and going with the flow.......


I shall try and sum up how this piece came about, without waffling on too much - I started off with an off cut of stencilled paper, the stencil used was Donna Downey 6x6 Floral, I then used a marker pen to highlight the floral image and then filled in with a blue marker pen - I then mat and layered this onto red and grey card, at this point this was meant to make a card but somehow I found the image of Nick and things developed from there.
The chevron design is again a Donna Downey 6x6 stencil, I've used red distress ink through it (with the chevrons at the top and bottom of page I've added colour with the blue marker pen that I used on the panel) I've also used the Dylusions 5x8 Number Jumble stencil with black distress ink. The wording is created using Jenni Bowlin Black Skinny Alphas.

 
 
It's the first time I've actually done any writing/journaling on a page, it might seem over sentimental to some but it just flowed out as is, I didn't think it through at all but I realise this is all about the fact that Nick has been on the transplant list for 13 months now, and his health is slipping little by little and now again the realisation of that he could actually die hits home.

 

4 comments:

Deborah said...

It's from the heart,Paula - that's good enough for me. And this non scrapbooker think it looks a cool layout (I've just bought the DD flower stencil).

jaine drake said...

It's wonderful Paula. I love the A4format as I find it less intimidating than a full 12x12 plus it's easier to think of it like a journal page. I love all the use of stencils and the fact that it's very much your style. I love your colour choice too.

Jackie said...

Well, I'm a scrapbooker first and foremost and I love this layout. To me it sums up what scrapbooking is about - it's about expressing your personality and preserving memories, and that's exactly what you've done.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Paula

Marie