01 May 2014

Color Bloom Sprays (and a puffin!)

Hello!
My mojo had really gone walkabout this week...until a rather exciting package arrived, a few of the new Color Bloom sprays! Of course I had to have a little play......
First thing I LOVE about the sprays is the spray mechanism....no more stained fingers! They say the nozzle will not become clogged, fingers crossed on that point. The sprays also have a little ball inside, so when you shake to mix up the mica you can hear the mixing going on! Squeezing the nozzle hard gives a really nice overall coverage. I used the Glistening Waves colour for the background on my panel, with the Lime Wedge as accent splats....
Squeezing the nozzle very gently gives the bigger splat effect. I found that the colour of the Lime Wedge really varied, the green was so much more noticeable when used to give full coverage, the splats (as you can see) are very gold! I added in some white splats of my own, by using white UTEE, and by stamping in white paint, using a Stampotique stamp.
The sheen of the Color Bloom Sprays is difficult to see.....it becomes a bit more obvious if I tile the cardstock...
You can really see the difference between the matt white paint stamping and the mica sheen of the sprays!
I added in a little text paper and some home made washi tape...
I didn't have any blue tape, so painted and stamped a bit of regular masking tape!
My Crafty Individuals Puffin is stamped onto patterned paper. I usually use this paper as a photo prop, but I decided to see what it looks like stamped on....definitely going to do it again! The paper is a dotty one from Bazzill.
I do like adding in different coloured crowns to my creations, and this is no exception! Stamped again onto red card, cut out then glossed with a touch of Glossy Accents.
So, mojo well and truly back now, will be spraying all manner of things!
Have a great day,
Trish xxx






4 comments:

Paula Whittaker said...

Fab creation - loving the look of those new sprays.

Ellen Adair said...

Gorgeous! Glad you got your mojo back :)

Corrie Herriman said...

I love it ! Glad your mojo is back !
Corrie x

jaine drake said...

This is totally brilliant as usual. I love that background colour. I'm itching to try the new sprays too. Great idea with the white UTEE, I must try that.