14 July 2014

In the pink.

This journal page was so easily put together that I can almost be accused of cheating on my blog post, but I was so excited by parts of it I really wanted to share it with you.


To start off,  the background is what was left on my work table after spraying some die cut shapes. I always keep these clean up sheets and have a large sketch book especially for the purpose. I spray over it and clean my stencils off on it and it really makes for quick and interesting backgrounds.

After cutting it to fit my journal and sticking it in, I added a torn piece of text page which I gave a thin wash of gesso. I've been playing with transparencies and layers recently and thought I'd print a photo onto a clear sticky label sheet for ink jet printers. I love this as it's a brilliant way to get a wonderful translucent finish. I just love how you can see the text page underneath as well as some of the original background.


The letters I found in a magazine and fitted my page perfectly.  Quick, easy and hardly any effort.

Thanks for looking.

Jaine x

No comments: