18 November 2015

Joy

Hello!
I wanted to create a simple Christmas plaque as my project today... not many colours, not loads of distracting detail... I hope it works!






I covered an MDF panel with music paper, then gave it a wash of white gesso. A further wash of sky blue paint, and that was it!
I covered the panel with a layer of clear gesso, as I knew I wanted to add wet media in the form of watercolour pencils. The clear gesso gives an even 'tooth' layer, enabling the watercolours to move about freely, whilst still being able to see through to the layers underneath.
I sketched out and coloured my figure..





As i mentioned, watercolour pencils for the face, then I coloured her hair with blue acrylic ink. I added sprinkles of white UTEE as the snow, and also drew some larger flakes with a white gel pen..





My word is a die cut word from Hero Arts, I cut it from thin card then used gilding flakes over the top to give the silver metallic sheen..






Have a fabulous day,
Trish xx

ASOI products used:

White Gesso
Sky Blue Paint (Dina Wakely)
Clear Gesso
Watercolour pencils
Acrylic Ink
Hero Arts word Die
White Gel pen

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Long time no visit from me.... What a lovely post to see on my return. Beautifully soft witt still so much delicate detail to draw the eye. Your girl is angelic & cute. Gorgeous!