20 June 2016

Crazy Town !!!

Hey there lovely people
Tracy here and it's great to be back with you today for a new post....

It's been a while and I've been working on lots of great projects but I always come back to one of my favourite techniques....

I just love to create these colourful collage whimsy houses and whenever I have scraps of paper on my desk to use up I just can't help myself.....


Using various scraps of paper, old tags & the gorgeous Dina Wakley Acrylic Paints I set to work to create a truly unique 'crazy town' 

Every time I makes these I have no plan how they will turn out, I just start to cut up scraps of paper, card, tags etc and play around until I'm happy with the look. 


Once all my pieces are glued down I can start going in and painting, I love to use my fingers for this process as I like the messy random look it gives ( you can use a brush for this if you don't like finger painting !!!)

Once I'm happy with my brightly coloured houses, I start to add detail. One thing I like to do is add shadow with a black watersoluble pencil around all of the edges of the houses, this really does help to ground them onto the page and really makes the colours pop !!!


One of my last steps is to add words or phrases to my houses and sometimes I like to add small pieces of metal embellishments, buttons etc to add some extra depth. 

I hope you love my 'crazy town' as much as I do and can't wait to be back to share with you again soon...

Bright and painty hugs
Tracy
Xxx

1 comment:

countdown.to.immigration said...

Hi there,

I really enjoyed this technique. How do you add your text to your work?
Regards
Cherry-Anne