20 September 2013

Journal play


Here's a page which didn't take too long to do or much thinking about, it just happened.

I started out giving the page a coat of gesso, spreading and making marks in it as I went along. Once dry I used Caran D'Ache Neo colors to scribble all over the page and because the base was gesso and non-porous I could add water to activate the paint in the crayons and get it all to blend in nicely.  I glued down a few bits of paper and added more colour but that was about it. 
I cut the figure of a child from a magazine and pasted it onto a piece of black card, then fussy cut around the shape even getting into that little bit at the nape of her neck. It's fussy alright but so worth doing.  

The balloons were drawn on some coloured paper and cut out and details added later with a Sakura Micron pen. You can see on the silhouette, the more time you spend fussy cutting the better the detail will be. 


The flowers are Dylusions 'How does your Garden grow' and again my Micron pen was used for the stems and border details.


Have a good weekend.

Jaine x



No comments: