31 December 2013

Our favourites from 2013: Jaine & Trish

Hello everyone, Jaine here with my top three favourite projects from this year. I've chosen two journal pages and a mini album. 
The first journal page I chose as it was made during a low point of my year but the process of creating it lifted me up thanks due to the kindness of friends. I loved the colour, the bubbles and the Doolally Dorris Angel.



 The second journal page shows my favourite technique of using texture. I adore texture and creating a collage on a page plus the fussy cutting of silhouettes from magazine images is something I've been doing in my journals for years, now everyone does it!



The third project is a one page mini book. I'm not really a 12 x 12 scrapper, prefering instead to make mini albums which is a true passion of mine. 



Thanks for looking 
******************
Hello! Trish here with my top three...
It won't surprise you to know I have chosen painty projects as my favourites of 2013!
First up is this pink creation from September...
http://asprinkleofimagination.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/so-beautiful.html
This was an exercise in restraint for me, and I loved the challenge! Only one colour to play with, and leave a big blank space? I think it worked out quite well!
Next, another challenge for me..Yellow and orange!
http://asprinkleofimagination.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/oh-my-dear.html
My third favourite of the year goes back to my comfort zone colours, blue and red. A tag this time!
http://asprinkleofimagination.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/blue.html
I really liked how the red of the paint stayed so vibrant when mixed with the texture paste!
So, those were my favourites of 2013, can't wait to see what 2014 will bring!