07 January 2014

A little collage for the new year!

Hello!
New Years resolutions? Oh yes.....but just the one so it's manageable!
I'm determined to play around with crafting styles and techniques that I don't 'do' on a regular basis! Stop the 'go to' creating!!!!!
So, first technique I really should do more of...collage! Now, my initial idea was to use cut out magazine pics, but that was just a step too far and I got the stamps out instead!
Quick and easy painted background....just smear and brush on the paint, then add stencilling and doodling. Not too much thought, just go with it!
Random stamping..the Prima Finnabair stamps are perfect for this...
The stitched circle is another Prima favourite! I stitched the painted panel to a piece of black card, them got on with the elements for my collaged art doll.
She is created from a combination of stamped images and hand drawn/painted shapes. The wings are Stampotique hearts, stamped over some text...
Her body is a shape cut from painted cardstock...
Her legs and arms are scraps of card given the stripy treatment, with a little doodling added...
Her face is of course Stampotique again, LOVE these large heads! Perfect for art dolls. I've used hot glue to attach all the bits, I really like using hot glue as you can manipulate it it be a little 3D in places so your design isn't flat. In this case, her extended arm with the punched out star is standing proud, giving nice dimension. This may not be ideal if you are creating a journal page, but as this isn't destined to be squished together in a journal it works just fine!!!
See you soon
Love Trish xx








8 comments:

Hilda said...

Brilliant Trish's, I love the doll, what a babe!

Claudine said...

Wonderful Collage and page here, I love how you put your figure together!

Words and Pictures said...

Fabulous collaged character and the paintwork is fab as ever!
Alison x

Corrie Herriman said...

Love it, I love how you put your figure together !
Fab background too !
Corrie x

Debs M said...

love her! fabulous background, love the colours x

Anonymous said...

Fantastic background & a gorgeous art doll.

Nan G said...

Very cool collaged doll.

Cocofolies said...

Fabulous and funny creation!! :)