23 May 2013

Dress up dolly time

Who can remember the comics with the dress up dolly on the back page, and who spent hours cutting them out and fiddling with the clothes? - me!!  Ooh I loved it, maybe a bit too much..... because I still love it.

Ok that sounded a bit weird but what I mean is, creating my own art dolly's for journal pages by drawing them, cutting photo's and mostly using magazine clothes as templates.

I had already painted my page pink and glued on pieces of Tim Holtz tissue paper on the page below, then the starting point to my design was the fabulous looking dress which I cut from a fashion magazine.

I used it as a template to draw a second dress from gorgeous Glitz Uncharted Waters scallop paper making the skirt a little bit bigger and a different pattern for the middle panel.





The rest is a little bit of doodling with a Posca pen and my title die cut from the reverse of the Glitz paper.

This is a great cheaty way of creating art dolly's and if you're not confident with a pencil just use a magazine head and body too.

See you next time

Jaine x

4 comments:

ElizabethR said...

Lol you took me right back then with the paper dolly's, they are classed as vintage now!!! Great page by the way Elizabeth x

Amanda said...

Great page!! I was also a fan of the dress up doll, I used to have a shoe box full of them and would play for hours lol
Love
Amanda x

Gez Butterworth said...

Oh, happy days!! This is fabulous Jaine xx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Fantastic, your page looks wonderful.