17 May 2013

Free

Hello!
Today I want to share another experiment with texture....
I cut an 8 inch square from a cardboard box, then stripped back the top layer to expose the corrugations underneath. I then added some torn book pages, and some texture paste through a stencil. Once all that was dry, I got busy with the paint.......
 Gorgeous shades of purple and turquoise from Golden, to be precise! I also splatted a little white, and edged in black...
Once the background was done, I decided it looked a lot like prison bars.... (or is that just me?!), so I thought an escape/fly free theme would work. I stamped the butterfly (Jenni Bowlin ) onto a scrap of painty card, and also onto a scrap of acetate. I cut both out and glued them together....
My word is made from Ideaology letters...love these!
hope you like it!
Have a great weekend everyone!
Love Trish xxxxx






10 comments:

GlitteryKatie said...

Great colours and texture Trish!

Clare Lloyd said...

fabulous texture and such a great idea. x

Jules said...

Really great piece! I love experiment with texture. The texture from the cardboard is really effective and love the colour's you have used!!

ElizabethR said...

Great textures and colours. Elizabeth x

Sandy said...

Thank you so much for sharing how you did this - prison bars? No way!! Love the butterfly.
Sandy

suzieq23 said...

I don't think you went overboard on anything. Love the piece and going to give it a try myself. Thanks for the inspiration.

Caroline said...

Love the colours, I have the blue but would not have thought of purple (how strange am I?)
Gorgeous Trish!! :))

jaine drake said...

Oh my goodness, what yummy texture and colour. I love it.

GrĂ¡inne said...

So beautiful colors and an awesome texture. I love the delicate butterfly. Suzanne

Teresa Abajo said...

Love this! The colours and texture are awesome, and yes, now that you mention it, I can see the prison bars LOL.