06 May 2015

Closing eyes, dreaming big...













Today I created for you a joyful tag with mixed media painting and drawing.







 It’s created on the cardboard piece which was left over from one of Finnabair products (maybe mechanicals?). So instead of throwing it away I started with thick layer of Dina Wakley Media Line white gesso and then applied some random papers and bits of newspapers using gel medium from Dina’s range again. I love that gel medium as it also creates a very good surface for application of inks, sprays and any wet mediums. Here is work in progress photo just to confirm that there is nothing like clean desk when creativity hits!





This tag was a gift for a work friend who was leaving due to end of the contract and asked me to do something for her. I decided to make a dreamy girl with closed eyes so it’s all left to interpretation.
















Drawing was done by using combination of Neocolors II and Inktense pencils and again white gesso. To manage smaller elements and all details I used my beloved Posca pens in white and black.
I imagined her hair in some sort of chaos but still in shape and after building small buns with Noecolors I used Bombay India Inks in Aqua and Teal to draw same sort of snail shapes. By adding a little bit of water spray, then letting it dry and then repeating process I built layers of her funky hair. In this project I used Neocolors in two ways- wet and dry. Wet for more full background result (full colour on hair) and dry for volume effect (thick lines on her hair). Playing with Neocolors is such fun!:)



Finishing touches were stamps and distressing edges with Adirondack Dye Ink Pad in black. I also added bits of jewellery for her earings and wrote some thought in my messy handwriting style.
My girl left me now but will stay happy with my friend - so she is in good hands…





Hope you like her too!
Big hugs...
Honorata

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Very Pretty! I love the colors. This is a scrumptious tag!

Hugs
Caroline

corinne de france MARCH said...

très joli

Karen Petitt said...

Love this! I am working on faces and trying to sketch them right now and this has inspired me to try using different media - thank you for the fab inspiration! Karen