07 May 2015

The Story Begins - Layout

Hiya My Lovelies!

Georgie here, and today I'm sharing a layout with you. This picture is of my friend at her hen doo, she had a Country Bumpkin day at the races! :) Even though we dressed in fashion to look over the top, we ended up not looking out of place at all hehe!

The Hen had been dolled up with all these gorgeous balloons but they weren't allowed to be taken in (in case they popped and spooked a horse), so we did some cool snap shops just before going in...





I wanted to create lots of layers and depth, yet keeping the overall design quite clean... (ish - haha)



I love these wood chip Words by Prima and it took the Barn Door Distress Paint so well, and that was without gesso. The key is from Prima's Resin Collection of goodies 'Keys'.

The black Word Stickers on the page are from 7 Dots Studio Illumination collection - so perfect for sentiments!



Lots of layering from the 7 Dots Studio Messy Head collection 6 x 6 paper stack, the colours are so beautifully feminine but funky at the same time. The 'Simple Things' circle is from the Elements sheet from the same collection. I used a mixture of pop dots, Inkssentials Collage Glue Stick and Glossy Accents to adhere everything.



Art Basics 3D Matte Gel with some purely divine Art Extravagance Glitter in Ebony and Ivory, it's the white one with the touch of colour in the sparkle - I promise, it.. is.. lovely!! I put this through the Dots and Stripes Stencil by Finnabair.

To get the water-y colour background,  I used Art Basics Clear Gesso and applied to the areas where I would be putting the paint. The I took an acrylic stamping block, dabbed a little bit of Barn Door Distress Paint, sprayed with lots water and just placed it randomly where I wanted the colour to roughly be. I dried between each layer so gain a stronger shade of red in areas. Then I brush-splattered the paint for an extra artsy feel :)



The poppies you see randomly on the page are also by Prima, called Sculpture Flowers. The string style frame was carefully wrapped into a circle to draw focus to the picture using Prima's Wired Thread in Cardinal - a gorgeous shade of red.



Another Prima Wood Icon, from Flowers (9680) - love these too!! They just help to add the pop of colour with the Barn Door Distress Paint, you get this lovely vibrant shade. Finished up with tiny dabs of Rock Candy Distress Stickles on them.

That's it from me for today, hope you had a lovely visit here and I will see you soon!
Hugs
Georgie xx

9 comments:

Pamellia said...

Gorgeous Georgie! I love the pink and red palette with the splashes of black, what a great combo! The addition of the glitter is so beautiful, what a wonderful layout! hugs :)

massofhair said...

Fantastic layout Georgie, looks like you all had a fabulous day :-) xxx

Redanne said...

I love, love, love those pops of red, they are quite striking against the pinks in the background and the sparkly bits are really beautiful. Love this! Hugs, Anne xx

Elena Arts said...

very amazing!!! I love it!

KT Fit Kitty said...

This is gorgeous! Sounds like such a fun day for the bride-to-be! I don't think I would know what a hen-doo was if I hadn't watched Coronation Street for a time and heard that term on the show! You really made a lovely gift out of this page!

Karen Petitt said...

Stunning! Love the texture, the colours are right up my street and some beautiful embellishments that I must try to get! Thank you Karen x

Words and Pictures said...

Wow - what a great layout - the pink and red are so zingy together and the composition and inky effects are luscious.
Alison xx

jaine drake said...

How beautiful. I love the layers.

Marci said...

Fantastic page! You really made a beautiful page, but the photo is still the focal point.