18 May 2015

Painted Canvas Shoes !!

Hi lovelies !!
Tracy here with today's post !!

So I've had a few days off from the day job this week to have a bit of a spring clean and whilst going through the wardrobe found an ugly pair of black pumps that had hardly been worn (because they were ugly, I don't like ugly things....see where I'm going with this !!). Well I was just about to toss them away and thought I might be able to do something with them........

Ta da !!!........


Not looking so ugly now ay !!

I started by covering all of the canvas parts with a couple of thin layers of Dina's gesso (slightly watered down) allowing the layers to soak into the canvas and build up slowly....


Once completely dry I added my base colours using Dina Wakley's fab acrylic paints in Lime (used for the tongue see pictures of completed shoe), Turquoise and Magenta, again applying them in thin layers to build up the colours, I used Dina's fabulous brushes for this job. The bristles are stiff enough to get into to all the fabric of the canvas and give a good coverage .....


Once I was happy with my colours I started to sketch my design, first in pencil and then went over in a black waterproof marker, I decided for my first attempt not to try anything too complicated and just go with simple shapes and patterns....


When I was happy with my design I took a small brush and black and white Dina acrylics and began painting in the detail tidying up after with the black waterproof marker.....



I used a splatter stamp and some black archival ink to stamp onto the pink parts surrounding the lace holes and down the back of the shoe and then used a white fine line paint pen to add my finer details, sealed with 3 thin coats of modge podge and allowed to dry thoroughly, finally I raided my ribbon box and found the perfect piece to use as my laces

I'm sure you'll agree that they certainly don't look ugly anymore !!!!









Thanks for stopping by. Hope you are inspired to give it a go. Have a fabulous week

Tracy
X

9 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

Too cool for school - fabulous project!
Alison x

Unknown said...

love it

Unknown said...

love, love, love them!!!!! :) x

Caroline said...

Saw these when you shared on FB, 'Groovy Chic' comes to mind, 'Hip Hop' too. Not sure why but can see modern dance groups including these as part of the comfortable clothing they need to dance freely. May just be me as I am researching dance. Of course children to adults would enjoy these too.

Lindsey said...

AMAZING!!! X

heARTistry said...

Thank you Alison x

heARTistry said...

Thank you x

heARTistry said...

Thank you Brenda. You are too kind x

Elena Arts said...

wow!!!! I love these shoes!! :))) So colorful and cheerful!!! I big idea! Thank you for sharing!