04 August 2015

Hang on...



This time journal talk with a title "Hang on...". This page has been created as just a random collection of collage bits but somehow gave me a great answer to the question "What to do when you have a bad day, thoughts, waiting for something that is not clear?" Simply Hang on...it will pass anyway you just have to wait...

The spread is a mixture of layers of paints and inks. My secret in that process is to start from paints, let them dry and then apply transparent inks. I used Dina Wakley white gesso and paints from her range. I also mixed some of the colours with gel medium to give it more transparency.

After application of paints I used water diluted Bombay Inks in a few gentle washes with a big and wide brush. Layering also applies here to the stamps that are all done by using Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pads and again few stamps build up layers from corners onwards.

Black Distress Ink applied to a small sponge was used to give more worn out look for the edges as well.
After applying collage elements I wanted to make sure they stand out from the busy background but didn't wan to use strong definition black markers for the outlines. I decided to go with a dry Derwent Inktense pencils, blend them with a finger and if necessary a drop of water. That is how white-green-pink outlines were created. Don't forget that water soluble pencils can also be used in a dry option for stronger look.
The final touches were metal circles building the link between two pages as well as giving the arty look to woman's cut out. I also added my handwriting in black and white pen.

So hang on if you have a bad day!:)
Honorata



1 comment:

SewPaperPaint said...

Love this very muted, yet colorful spread. Love the uniqueness! So inspiring!