07 October 2015

By your side

Good morning bloggers. I am here today with my Sprinkle of Imagination hat on! I recently decided that I wanted to explore the possibilities of alcohol inks. Only having primary colours I decided to invest in a few new colours. The trouble being I was so excited to order my lovely new inky colours I completely forgot to purchase some blenders! Now I didn't let a little thing like that stop me.

Products used to make this card:
Alcohol inks : Purple twilight, Pool, Mermaid, Clover, blending solution


As I didn't have any blenders this was a bit of an experimental piece. So onto my glossy card I randomly squirted some blending solution adding the blue and green inks moving the card around to create drips and blends.
Once this had dried I dripped on some of the Purple Twilight and then a drip of blending solution. I didn't move the card this time. I left the ink to find it's own place and settle.
When this had dried I decided to turn my purple splodges into blooms by adding an outline doodle and black and white stems. Continuing the theme of black and white I doodled a co-ordinating border.
Onto a separate piece of card I stamped our featherd friends and added a hint of colour using my Dewent inktense pencils. I cut out the birds and adhered them to the blooming background. Finally I stamped the sentiment directly onto the card.

Thank you for taking the time for stopping by today.
Happy crafting,
Clare x x x

3 comments:

Corrie Herriman said...

Gorgeous !
Corrie x

Unknown said...

This is stunning Clare! I love the colours xx

Clare said...

Thank you ladies X X X