29 October 2015

Whimsical Animals

Good morning lovely and creative ones, Tracy here with a quickie post from me today.....

For a long time I have looked at all those cute critters appearing in everyone's art journals and said to myself 'I want to do that'
I have never been the best at drawing and learn more from watching than trying to figure it out myself but have found lately that I am more able to look at things and break them down into basic shapes therefore making it easier to create things I never thought I could....


Using the fabulous Dylusions and Dina Wakley paints I created my background and sketched my bear on top, just basic shapes, circle for the head, semi circles for the ears, eyes and nose. 

I used the golden paints in ochre and umber paints mixed with white to paint my bear adding my shading and highlights as I went along. 

I love creating my whimsy animals, I just can't stop. Look what else I have been creating....,


Aaaah my lovely little bunny !!!


And my happy little hippopotamus!!!!!

The possibilities are endless

Show me what you can create!!

Bright and painty hugs
Tracy
Xxx

6 comments:

Clare said...

I love your whimsy animals Tracey, they are all so cute. I'm going to have a go over half term. The bunny is definitely my fave! Hugs, Clare X

Unknown said...

Great! Love the hippopotamus!!

miranda said...

aahhh they are sooooo sweet!!!
gr miranda

Craftyfield said...

Your animals are fun and cute and the drawings looks very good to me! I love the background of your first page the colours are gorgeous and the layers of stencilling/stamping look fab!

Karen Petitt said...

Love the rabbit and hippo! Awesome sketching skills, thanks for sharing with us Karen x

maria f. said...

Such talent you have! These are precious.