25 October 2015

Making Tracks


Hi folks, Shirley here with a card for those oh-so-hard-to-make-for menfolk in our lives.  The Tim Holtz Treads Layering Stencil was the perfect starting point.  I used Finnabair's Graphite Texture Paste through the stencil onto some watercolour card.  Don't be put off by the 'undercoat' colour of the paste - when it dries it's a beautiful dark colour with a fabulous slightly sparkly texture.

A close-up of the texture - with sticky pads in the grooves, ready for the stamped image.
Once the paste was dry I wet the paper and dropped in some Distress Inks with a paintbrush - Faded Jeans, Seedless Preserves, Dusty Concord, Forest Moss, Peeled Paint - and let them move around and flow into each other.


I diecut the 'happy' (Hero Arts, Happy Stamp & Cut) from black card, smeared it with clear pigment watermark ink then brushed it with Finnabair's Mica Powder - Frosted Lake.

On a separate piece of card, I stamped the male image from Dylusions Couture Collection - Mini Couture, coloured it with the Distress Inks and fussy cut it.  I added the 'birthday' then matted the whole piece to a white base card.


I hope that's given you an idea for cards for your men.  Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Karen Petitt said...

That is gorgeous! I need that stencil and stamp! TFS Karen x

Kathyk said...

Splendid make, just perfect for a guy

Kathyk

Tracy said...

I just recently used my graphite texture paste for the first time, and LOVE it! Love the tracks over the watercolor!