08 January 2014

looking back… 2013

Hello all!
2013 saw the launch of this blog with the design team, and what an amazing year it was. What an incredibly talented bunch! I really do feel very honoured to have been able to get to know these ladies over the past year and now they’ve given me the job of picking out my favourite projects from them all. Eeek. Terrifying, but oh how I have enjoyed looking back through a year of fabulous blogging.

So without further a-do, here are my top picks, one from each member of the 2013 design team.

From Jaine, it has to be her Ephemera Album. I love how she’s created an album to house a collection of ephemera and how perfectly she’s used the Jenni Bowlin products with it.

ephemera-mini

Next up – Magda.  I love Madga’s use of colour and texture in her work. There is always so so much to look at, but my favourite piece from 2013 has to be her Man In Black.

asoiskull

We’ve struggled to fill the boots of the next design team member, or rather former member, our scrappy Goddess that is Arnlaug. I know she did a lot more than scrap, but its one of the first layouts she did for us that has become a firm favourite; Play

play8

Back to a current member, Gez. I suspect one of the reasons for choosing this next project from Gez is because it uses what is probably my all time favourite stamp. Whenever I use it in my own journals, it always becomes one of my favourite pages.

Gez Butterworth May 2013006
Now to Trish. This woman astounds me with her creative energy and painty goodness.  She rounded off the year for us with a fabulous Christmas Fairy, but my out and out favourite piece is from the book making series she did for us.  (notice that stamp again….)

main

And, last but by no means least – Paula.  I have become a big fan of Paula’s work and follow what she does even though she is no longer a member of the team.  She does a lot of gorgeous clean work, but my absolute favourite piece was one of her large tags.

observations tag front

So, that’s my round up of 2013. Hope you’ve enjoyed looking back at the amazing projects the team created for us.

Hope you have a creative 2014!!

4 comments:

jaine drake said...

Wow what a stunning collection and viewed like this it shows how different we all are too which is the perfect dinamic for this team. xx

Anonymous said...

A wonderful selection of gorgeous projects.

Cocofolies said...

How gorgeous all these projects are... Wonderful selection to look at, thank you!!

Words and Pictures said...

It's a fabulous record of a really exciting year. Thanks for all the inspiration!
Alison x