11 January 2014

Stargazing Hares...

Hello!
More paint from me today, but this time combined with a little 3D assemblage...and the use of a niche..
I started off with a box canvas, then flipped it over to use the back! The back of a canvas has a perfect niche, although different sizes and brands of canvases will be put together differently, and so have niches of varying shapes and sizes! The back of this canvas also had the very ugly 'fold the canvas sheet over and use a million staples to secure it' thing going on....not ideal! A great way of disguising this is to spread a layer of texture paste over it. I blasted the texture paste with a heat gun just to give the surface a bit of a 'skin', and then pressed bottle tops and sequin waste into it. This gives nice texture, as you can see...
I used loads of different coloured paint, simply smearing a layer on, then drying and going in with a different colour. I also stamped some dots onto tissue paper, and used Mod Podge to adhere it in places. Once dry, the Mod Podge is transparent and the dots look like they were stamped straight onto the background...
The fabulous hares (Crafty Individuals), were stamped onto scraps of blue painted card, then cut out. I stamped the head parts onto yellow painted card, cut out the crowns and added them to the blue hares. I covered them in Glossy Accents to give a 3D shine. Once dry, they were placed on a bed of thin, curled and twisted green cardstock.
My stars are suspended from a curve of wire...
I took three strands of wire, and twisted a little extra wire around the three strands to hold them together. I painted and then glued three stars onto the ends. The wires were then glued onto the side of the canvas.
I added two spools to the bottom...
And some cut up letters to form the word...
I had fun playing with niches again...I have a feeling I may be making some more soon!
Have a great weekend,
Trish xxx






10 comments:

Inkypinkycraft said...

A really fab project, great textures and lve how you have added the stars! Trace x

Paula Whittaker said...

stunning X

Deborah said...

Love this to bits.

Lauren Hender said...

Magical!

Karen said...

Totally gorgeous Trish! x

Words and Pictures said...

Fabulous!
Alison x

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! That is SO gorgeous! The texture looks amazing, I love the colours & the little hares are very cute.

whyducks said...

Pure fun, I love it.

Nikki K said...

Love this, the hares are a fab stamp. Love all the colours and texture, looks great. X

Cocofolies said...

WOW! This is so lovely!!! Coco x