31 January 2014

Melting....

Hello!
Another blast from the past again today..... more playing with techniques I haven't done in an age!
This time its UTEE....Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel. I thought I'd share a little trick I learned a while ago, creating pendants using memory frames and UTEE.
First, you need to place your memory frame on a texture tread...
Just place it,no need for glue or anything to stick it down! You can use any rubber stamps for this too although they MUST be rubber, not clear polymer stamps. They would melt..... If you are using a stamp, the frame must be in complete contact with the stamp, not hanging over an edge. You'll see why.....

Next melt some UTEE in your melt pot and pour it into the frame, taking care to use enough to go into the corners..
If the frame was hanging over the edge of a stamp, you would have just poured hot UTEE through a gap and it would be all over the place!
(Don't forget to pour excess UTEE onto your craft mat and use cookie cutters to create embellishments! No waste here!)
Once the UTEE in the frame is cold and hard, peel it off the texture tread...
I like to highlight the raised bits with a little dry brushing of silver paint...
So...a cool pendant! You can add chain or ribbon through the loop, and you have created wearable, unique art!
Or..................................
You could use it for something else. These frames are fab, as you can undo them...
and remove the UTEE completely...
You now have a UTEE tile, ready to use on another project. These are wonderful on CAS cards, with maybe a few words underneath, very classy.
or........you could go a bit bonkers and use it as a body for an art doll....
Either way, its a nice technique to have a play with!
See you soon!
Trish xxxx











8 comments:

Inkypinkycraft said...

great tag and inspirational use of the utee piece x trace

Claudine said...

Really nice tutorial, I love this idea!!

Caroline said...

I suppose I should unpack my melt pot that I bought 6 ish months ago??
Never tire of seeing utee/melt pot art. Now I am gradually getting bk to crafting, this will be on "to do" list. Tfs :)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! I love the art doll.

Words and Pictures said...

Very cool... I'm slipping and sliding down the path to a melt pot!
Alison x

Cocofolies said...

A perfect way to use our melt pots sleeping in our drawers haha. Love this embellishment and your Art Doll with it, great tag! :) Coco x

ionabunny said...

So cool. Great technique

jaine drake said...

I'd love to have a go at this Trish it looks so cool.