08 March 2015

Art Doll : Freedom

Hello!
Oh look...I've made an Art Doll! Never saw that coming did you lol!
Even if the theme is a bit 'same old, same old', I've used a few brand new products , just to freshen things up a little!
Here she is...
She's not small, around about 30cm in height!
Her body is thick card, with a smeared paint background (for those who may have missed it, I shared a video tutorial on how I create my smeary backgrounds HERE)
I added some stamping and stencilling...
The stamps are from a Natalie Kalbach set , and the large white stencilled dots were created with the free stencil that comes with the stamps!
The detail on the body is created with 4 Finnabair bottle caps...
I covered them in gesso, then coloured them with the same paints used for the body. The circles inside the caps, and the quote are all from the brand new Finnabair stamp range, these are from the 'don't forget to fly' set.
I also used the plain butterfly from the same set as the wings for my Art Doll. Simply stamped onto painted cardstock, cut out and adhered behind the shoulders...
My Doll face is an image from Vera Lane Studios, coloured with pencils. I glued it to some card, then extended the hair a little!
The face plus all that hair was then glued to a painted 'pendant' (looks like a large bottle cap to me!) from the 961091 set from Prima Mechanicals , and then added to the body.
 I was aiming for a halo type effect behind the head, and the large bottle cap/pendant was the perfect size. Using a digital image for the face means you can manipulate it to be the perfect size for whatever your project needs!
I hope you like her, I had great fun making her!
See you soon,
Trish xxxxxxx




7 comments:

massofhair said...

Fantastic Art Doll Trish, she is a beauty in every sense. Am off to see your video about smeary backgrounds :-) xxx

jaine drake said...

OMG she's cute and colourful, guaranteed to bring a smile to any face.

jasann said...

Love this doll. Am always on the hunt for inspiration to make cards etc., for my nieces' birthdays. thanks for sharing this wonderful piece!!!!

CreativSpirit said...

She's gorgeous Trish. Since watching your video, I HAD to go and buy some of the gorgeous girl images from Vera Lane Studios. Love them. Thanks for sharing your art.

Nan G said...

She a fab Art doll, Trish! And I loved your video explaining how your painty backgrounds. Thanks!

Unknown said...

Loving what you've done with the bottle caps in your project, and how you got your text in there!! So creative!! Amazing project!!
Hugs
Georgie xx

Caroline said...

As soon as I saw this on your blog, I thought "what a great use of bottle caps!" She is absolutely beautiful. She would go down a storm at festivals (I think)? Her size is amazing too, I would love to be able to make a doll, to have standing in my craft space. Sadly I don't have a printer so no images for me (booo, lol).
Your video was terrific (watched when you first shared); more please!!