18 March 2015

Let's get Scribbly !!!!





Well good morning you lovely people out there. I'm feeling kinda scribbly today !!!


I'm quite scribbly on my journal pages and tend to steer away from stamped images as they just look odd, too neat and uniform against the random messiness of my journal...... But then I  purchased the fabulous Dina Wakley Scribbly birds stamps a while ago and love her style sooo much and at last I have stamps that complement my pages....yay !


I love this cute little fella and wanted to create a beautiful garden for him to sing his song !!!!

I started with a layer of Gesso and then used Dina's 'tracks' stencil and Finnabair's 3D gel matte medium by Prima to add some texture to the left hand side of my page.....


Once dry I used Dina's luscious paint colours in Magenta, Lime, Turquoise and Ruby adding them randomly all over the page using my fingers to spread the paint. To tone down the vibrancy a little I went over areas of the page with Dina's 'Umber' paint colour. 


I stamped Dina's Scribbly bird stamp directly onto my journal page along with one of the quotes included in the stamp set and then gave him a new colour so that he stood out. Isn't he the cutest ???



I then painted some flowers in Dina's ruby and Lime paints and used a black gel pen to scribble in my outlines and to add some doodles, along with details in white gel pen. To finish off I highlighted a few areas with white paint. 


Really pleased with the result and hope it encourages you to give a Scribbly journal page a try..... But be warned.... It's addictive !!!!

Have a great day
Tracy
X

11 comments:

SCarol said...

Yes!!! You've definitely encouraged me to do a Scribbly journal page. Yours is gorgeous!

Trish Latimer said...

Love love love this...so bright! i'm practising my sketchy flowers, so far they look at around a four year old level!

Sinikka said...

love this page. And love the little bird. This one has do go on my wish list

Caroline said...

Well, only today was I thinking "I need to do a journal page, it's been too long!" You have definitely enhanced that thought. Your flowers are gorgeous, don't know why but mine look so obviously hand done. Yours look as if they could have been a stamp. Kudos. Another part is, yes, the birdie, I have been drooling over this stamp for a long time. May need to buy it soon? Lush colours & really cool highlights on your pages. :)

Art By Wanda said...

I LOVE this page!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wow, I really love the page.

Unknown said...

This is beautiful, I love those birds, but I've struggled with them so far, but I think I want to crack them out again :) I love your bright pages, they always have a cheery feel to them.

Thanks for the inspiration
Hugs,
Georgie xx

jaine drake said...

Oh my goodness, I love the colours. What a fun page.

pearshapedcrafting said...

This is fabulous - love your way with bright colours and having looked through your journal on Saturday AND had a day with Dina I am totally inspired! Would love to see more on your own blog!! Chrisx

Barb said...

So cheerful, especially luv that sweet little birdie. ♥
Thanks for sharing

Marci said...

Such a happy page! I love it.