24 March 2015

Dance In The Rain - Tag

Hello my lovelies, so good to see you here!!

Today I have a tag to share with you. I was thinking recently that quite often we do Tim Holtz inspired tags, but what would a Finnabair inspired tag look like? So I thought why not have a go...


I started off with a basic Manilla Ranger Tag size 8 and then used two sheets of 7 Dots Studio 6 x6  Cold Country Paper to fit over it. Once down, in place (with Art Basics Soft Gel Medium) and dried, I used a bubble stencil to create my background using Archival's Jet Black Ink



Then over again with Art Basics 3D Gloss Gel to give the circles a slightly raised effect. Whist this was still wet I used Art Extravegance Glitter in Luminous - one of the black ones. I let this dry naturally.

                                       

Next came a little paint to add some colour amongst the 'rain'. I wanted moody but hints of colour. I used Tim Holts Distress Paints in Vintage Photo and Pine Needles, just very lightly and watered down. 



Then... came the goodies! Don't you just love it when you can crack them open, let go and play?!! I love, love, love the Prima/Finnabair Bottle Caps, they are the perfect vessel to hold an explosion of colour and sparkle. In this case I used some larger beads (from my own stash) and graduated back with the size. So next was regular sized seed beads from Art Basics Ingredients and then Art Basics Glitter Glass... 

The black Poppies/Peonies are from Prima's Sculpture Flowers, which started life in yellow, so in came two light coats of Art Basics Black Gesso, then I added in some more black glitter from Luminous Glitter pack. Then I touched the tops with Peacock Feathers Distress Paint, to highlight. 


Then I finished up with this gorgeous sentiment is from 7 Dots Studio Illumination Word Stickers. I LOVE these, I'm not good at stamping a sentiment perfectly (or even imperfectly) as I would like so these are great if you're in the same boat as me, and I will be using them more often in projects and layouts in the future.

Hope you enjoyed today's post. Please check back with us soon to see some fabulous makes and inspiration from our DT and don't forget we have our challenge, up for grabs is a £10 gift voucher for the shop :)

Hugs
Georgie






10 comments:

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wow! This is gorgeous! Just love those fabulous deep tones! You have clearly enjoyed making this too, which makes it even better! Hugs, Chrisx

Ruth said...

WOW! WOW!...love your Finn tag...stunningly gorgeous oozing all sorts of shiny goodness. Perfection..what else can I say! Ruth x

Samra said...

WOW WOW WOW!!!! This is my favorite tag EVER!!! Gorgeous and so rich colored art specimen! Love that butterfly!!! Georgie this is absolutely amazing!!! Thank you for the inspiration!!!

Jennie Atkinson said...

Gorgeous - I love the Finnabair style and really love what you have done on the tag. Amazing colours x

Elena Arts said...

wow!!! it is fantastic!!! I love all details!!! Congratulations!!!

Pamellia said...

Gorgeous Georgie! Love the deep rich colours and those bottle caps full of beads are pure genius! Wonderful mixed media tag!

Unknown said...

Very rich colours and 3D elements are simply stunning!

Craftyfield said...

I have been completely smitten by Prima's latest release. I love the look of that bling in grunged up bottle caps.

Words and Pictures said...

Such a stunning tag - wow! Such depth and drama in the lights and darks - and the gleam of all that golden bling - brilliant!
Alison xx

sarascloset said...

Oh, my! How did I miss this treasure? Sorry, Georgie! But this is just fantastic! You really know how to do this style, and are such a talented young lady! Love the colors and all that sparkly stuff! Great idea to use the wing nut for your 'flies! Great big hugs!