30 March 2015

Three Unicorn Sisters




I would like to introduce you to three sisters: Courage, Dream and Joy. They are made on small tags and can be used as book marks or something that I call “motivational tags”- you simply put them in your wallet or between random pages of daily diary and they will come back to you with a message when you need them. I love to find them in my diary and then stop and think about something deeper that just daily routines. They all are Unicorn ladies as well as the magic always helps;)




I stared with covering tags with Dina Wakley Media Line White and let it dry. The background was built as a mixture of Dylusions Ink Sprays. The colours I used were: After Midnight, Crushed Grape and Vibrant Turquoise. The trick I learnt some time ago was to spray them randomly on the plastic matt and they pick the colour up with a tag held upside down.




The next step was to use oil pastels to build lines around the edges and some stokes on the tags. I used amazing Sennelier Oil Pastels in green medium, pale blue, and lemon yellow.
Then the time for my ladies came: I cut them out from a wedding magazine (this is actually the same model wearing different dresses), glue them to the tags and started altering their faces a little bit. I added some pendants, earrings and stronger eyelashes by using Sakura Pigma Micron Pen and Posca Paint Pen in white. Then just finishing touches: horns from a newspaper and small circles - again from DIY box-please do not mention that to my husband;)




Hope you like them and will be encouraged to create your own to keep in secret places for the time you need them.


And here is the message from my three sisters:
Have Courage to live your Dream with a Joy in your heart!


Big hugs xxx
Honorata


3 comments:

Caroline said...

Oh, yay, I am not alone in cutting peeps out of magazines & altering them! Your tags are really cool, gorgeous colours & the metal circles over the eyes are a brilliant touch!

Craftyfield said...

Love the way you changed the images and the background is wonderful. Very interesting technique!

jaine drake said...

How fantastic and I love the idea behind them too. I love a bit of collage.