28 March 2015

Spring birdie canvas

This mini canvas has been recycled from a project I made a few years ago which featured a bird, then stamped using a Tim Holtz stamp and a little nest made from torn strips of paper.

Well, the bird has evolved with confidence into a hand drawn and collaged image and the nest has become significantly more sophisticated along with the background.


My background is simply finger painted with acrylics but it's the addition of the Finnabair White Crackle Texture Paste through my favourite Balzer Designs stencil Fleur de Lis which really made the background interesting.


I used a mini 6X6 pad of papers by Basic Grey called Spice Market to collage my bird as I thought the designs and colours were a bit spring like. I added some extra interest by stamping with one of the lacy borders from a Finnabair stamp set called Lace and Doily by Prima.


A touch of doodling with Posca pen and it was finished. I now have it hanging above my desk to help cheer up a plain wall.

Have a good weekend.

Jaine x

6 comments:

Karen said...

Sooo pretty! x

Caroline said...

Oh gosh, how wonderful is this? In awe....☺

Doreen said...

Love this gorgeous canvas.xxx

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

Beautiful,really wonderful canvas. I love it so much I pinned it ;)
Big hugs
Donna xxx

Unknown said...

I love how beautiful and quirky this is at the same time. That bird is amazing xx

Unknown said...

lovely, makes me to want the crackle paint even more now...