28 February 2016

Creating Colourful Backgrounds !!

Morning lovely people

Tracy here today with a post about my favourite background techniques...

I like my backgrounds to be colourful, interesting and quick so I use tried and tested techniques so that I can quickly get pages together ready to journal on.... 


My favourite paints to use in my backgrounds are the super colourful Dina Wakley Acrylics and also the Dylusions Acrylics. 
The two paint brands work together perfectly and the colours are bright and luscious!!!


Next I like to add some white to my background, I either dip my fingers in the paint to make dots or dip the end of a flat  paintbrush in the white paint and dab on to make lines, some times I use the edge of a credit card dipped in white or black paint to add finer lines !!


I love to add stencilling to my backgrounds and very often reach for my Dylusions, Dina Wakley and Tim Holtz stencils for this, there are so many fabulous designs to choose from. I usually add my stencilling in black and white using Acrylic paint or a black archival ink pad. 


Sometimes I add homemade stamp designs to my backgrounds, made simply with foam and cardboard and also like to draw simple circles or shapes on my backgrounds using crayons to add a different texture!!


Finally I love to dig into my stamp stash and for different stamped elements to give my background some added detail 

Products I've used in these backgrounds...


Thank you for stopping by and any questions please do not hesitate to ask !!
Brights and painty hugs
Tracy
X

8 comments:

Pat Crossland said...

Beautiful pages as always Tracy....(Pat)

Sue said...

I LOVE your colorful backgrounds, Tracy! They truly speak to my heart!
<3

heARTistry said...

Thank you Pat xx

miranda said...

Faby pages!!
Gr miranda

Karen Petitt said...

They are such gorgeous and delicious backgrounds! I love the fabulous colours and layers too, thank you for the awesome inspiration Karen x

heARTistry said...

Thank you everyone you are all very kind xx

Jackie PN said...

beautiful pages Tracy! Love your color play!!
hugs,Jackie

heARTistry said...

Thank you Jackie. You are very kind x