17 February 2016

Our Time - Journal Page

Hi folks

Georgie here, and sharing a page I have created in my Heart Journal. Seemed very fitting as Valentine's Day has just been. I love heart shapes and have a journal dedicated to this... yup, I know, I'm sad haha!!


I created a brayered background with Tim Holtz Distress Paints and used Finnabair's Art Basics White Gesso over the top to add depth to the darker colours. 


Love creating a strong focal and these word elements by 7 Dots are great for this.


The hearts were drawn by hand and shaded using Dina Wakley Paints, but diluted slightly to creating some easy shading and contrast. Some twine added to give extra interest to the page.


Simple crackle stamping around the edge in places, love this stamp from Finnabair's mini range, then finished up with some splashes of Art Basic's Black Gesso.

Have a fab day and catch you soon!
Georgie
xx





4 comments:

Pat Crossland said...

Another great page from Sprinkle.....and Georgie...xx

Craftyfield said...

Lovely mixed media page, great choice of colour scheme!

Caroline said...

Firstly, I cannot believe you have drawn the hearts by hand? They are perfect! I digress tho.... This page is really cool with all the different layers & textures. I try to add string or twine & it just doesn't look right ; yours does, SO right! The crackle stamping... well, I thought you had put crackle medium on the page. That says it all. The colours are great, I keep wanting to use my distress inks again, you have reminded me, Thank you. Until recently hearts haven't been a shape I'm into (lack of sentimentality here, lol) but in mixed media & journals, I am using more.
Sorry to have missed too many posts here, just life getting in the way of crafting. Something about your page inspired me to pop by?! Tfs. C

Redanne said...

Not sad at all, there are so many things that can be done with hearts and yours are beautiful - and the twine is a perfect finishing touch! Hugs, Anne xx