12 February 2016

Upcycled Love Birds

Well it's that time of year when things start to get a bit lovey dovey and I thought that I would share the love with my DT post for A Sprinkle of Imagination.

I recently found a couple of old coasters, you know the ones with a cork back, well they were in a bit of a sorry state and very nearly ended up in the bin! I had a lightbulb moment and decided that I would give them a bit of TLC.

I gave them both a coat of gesso and painted my backgrounds with Dylusions paint. Using Dina Wakey pebble heart stencil I blended through the contrasting colours I had used in the background. Using Dina Wakely Scribbly Birds stamps I stamped my him and her birdies and painted them using Dina Wakely heavy body acrylic paints. I added some doodles using my posca paint pens and gave the coasters a couple of coats of clear matt varnish to protect them.

So there you have it, my upcylcled coasters ready for a valentine cuppa! Who said romance is dead?

Happy crafting,
Clare x x x

6 comments:

Helen said...

fabulous!! I love those birds anyway, but they are wonderful here!

Pat Crossland said...

Booooooooootiful Claire...

Craftyfield said...

Gorgeous colours! Love up-cycling household things, you get to enjoy them often.

Artmadnana said...

Ooh these are gorgeous Pat. Can't choose between.

Clare said...

Thank you ladies X X X

Caroline said...

Gorgeous colours, brilliant idea. I have many coasters in my "to be altered" stash, just no time for crafting right now :(. How I wish I could afford the scribble birds, they are cute without being sickly cute, they have characters & mischief too. Beautiful upcycling.