27 March 2013

Atumn.. a layout step-by-step

Ok, I know it's spring now, but in the progress of making this page it turned out an autumn page:-)

This was suppose to be a step-by-step on how to make your own background, but my camera is not my friend these days so the first steps are missing..

First take your background paper and spray it with water and different spray inks. I've used Dylusion on mine, LOVE the viberant colors they give. The page will curl up but once in the album you wont even notice it;-)

I started drying the page with a heat gun, and during the process of doing that I turned my page a few times dabbing it in the leftover ink on my work surface. This gives a cool droplet effect:-) When the background was dry I took a Dylusion stencil and dabbed on some Ranger Acrylic paint dabber - gold.

 Before I move forward I have to give some credit to the one inspiring me to do the page. The february winner at Skissedilla, Marie-Josee, made an incredible page, and I just had to try the idea with the tags:-)

My three tags are made by spraying water and various ink sprays on and then letting them dry. I then covered the tags with Claudine Hellmuth Multi medium matte to seal of the background. Then I took some stencils from the Crafters Workshop and added some molding paste. I also stamped with Perfect medium adding some Perfect Pearls on the orange tag, on the red/dark tag I stamped and embossed it with Tim Holtz Distress embossing powder. On the green tag I sprayed over with white Dylusion.


Now over to putting the page together. I've used scraps of Glitz design Yours Truly papers and layered them on my background.  Then I added some various washi tapes.



I looked trough my stash of old flowers and chose a few orange and yellow. Then i gave some of them a touch of orange spray ink. In the centre I put some flower centers from Prima. 


To finish the page of I added a few journalling tags, the photo and the title. The letters are made of plain chipboard letters, coated with gesso and spray inks. 

Hope you've enjoyed this somewhat incomplete step-by-step, and that you'll have a great easter:-)

4 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

Fabulous colours, and wonderful inky painty textures make this a great layout!
Alison x

Gez Butterworth said...

COOL ♥

Unknown said...

Loving this LO Dxx

Paula Whittaker said...

Fab LO and great mix of colours