One of the things Vicki sent to us to use was a Glassine envelope by Tim Holtz. Like Magda I found it quite challenging but not one to shy away from a challenge I decided to just go for it.
I've not worked with it before and found it to be a fascinating product full of possibilities. It scrunches, holds ink and has a wonderful aged look when embossed.
I like to make things stretch as far as possible and I wanted to try as many different techniques as I could with just one envelope so the only way to do this was to cut it in half. Well it wasn't quite in half as I made the bottom half into a square so the top piece was slightly smaller.
I used some Sizzix flower dies on the top piece (which I'd separated into the two front and back pieces), squeezing as many as possible onto the paper.
I scrunched the flowers up in my hands and wiped white paint over the surface to catch the creases
and layered all of them together with a brad.
I was still left with the rest of the top piece so I put it through my Sizzix embossing folder and backed it onto a tag before distressing the edges. I didn't need to do any thing else to it, the result was perfect.
The main part of the envelope I stamped onto with a Versafine ink and added the flower and a little hole. The only thing I couldn't do was stick washi tape to it. The surface is just too waxy. To get around this I just stuck the tape to a piece of paper and cut out the piece I wanted.
I loved making this project and loved the finished look of the glassine and I've still got my mini album in mind for a future project.