07 March 2013

Nests are best.

 
Hello there, well we're into March already and here the temperatures have gone well up from -3 or 4 a week ago to 12 yesterday. Amazing. Of course it got me out into the garden to tidy up and I was so happy to find little shoots peeking up at me. My thoughts are well and truly into Spring (my favourite season) by now and crafting spring is so inspiring with the bright colours and flowers.
 
Tando do a packet of three little chipboard houses which are just adorable and I did intend to decorate just one for a show and tell post here but once I'd finished one I had to use all three.  I turned them all into little spring birdhouses just for a bit of fun and colour. I die cut a little hole in the front and used acrylic paint to add colour.  I also used a resist canvas birdie by Prima colouring him with Mr Hueys spray ink. The flags are simply pieces of coloured washi tape doubled over a piece of thread then cut into triangles.
 
 
The two smaller ones are made in the same way but I pushed a bbq stick through the bottom so I could push them into a plant pot. I covered the roof of one with book page and used more washi tape to decorate the bottoms. The words are made using a dymo labeler.

Jaine x

1 comment:

Karen said...

Wow!!! these little houses look soooo cute done like this :D x