15 March 2013

Journey?

Hello again!
I wanted to share another colourful project today! The background for this is so easy its silly...and takes literally seconds.....
The base is a Tando chipboard sheet, and I painted it white before I began. This has two purposes. The chipboard is grey to begin with, so any spray inks used will not show their true colour and potential! A white base makes the colours pop. The other reason is that I really like the effect you get when spraying over white paint (or gesso for that matter) as the surface isn't porous like plain cardstock the 'dotty' effect isn't as apparent, and the colour is less 'solid' looking. Difficult to explain, but if you compare unpainted cardstock to painted cardstock, its obvious!!
Anyway..... v v easy technique. Simply spray one corner of the base in one shade, spray the opposite corner with a different colour, and then where they meet in the middle, the colours will blend!
I've used pink and turquoise Dylusions inks, and they make the gorgeous purple in the middle!
I dried off the inks, then kept the background embellishment to a bare minimum. I simply flicked plain water at the surface and then blotted off with a paper towel. This gives the bleached out spotty effect. I also very lightly sponged white paint through a tiny circle template, and stamped some tiny black stars...
For once I actually added colour to a stamped image!!!
Love this Stampotique lady.....
The path she is standing on is handrawn and coloured, I didn't have anything that seemed to fit, so did it myself! Very basic stationery shop rub on letters for the word...
I really should use white rub ons more, really like them!
Have a go at simple inky backgrounds, addictive and very quick to do!!
Love Trish xxx





6 comments:

Craftychris said...

This is awesome! the background is amazing, thank you for explaining how its done xx

Suzy said...

Ooh love this, cant believe it was achieved so easily. Will definately be having a go at this over the weekend

Caroline said...

Wowzer background, how cool does that look?? The stamp is funky so suits perfectly. I really should do more stamping! Thanks as always. Caroline :))

Sandy said...

I have to give this a go!!!!! Love the technique and the colors.
Sandy

Words and Pictures said...

Fabulous - sounds so simple to do, looks a million dollars! And the girl looks great in colour (I've just won her on ebay - my first Stampotique stamp, and so frustrated that I won't get to play until I get back from working abroad!!).
Alison x

SamsHomeCookedDesigns.com said...

Lush is my new word for I adore this, the colours the style the interest -- so this is Lush. Sam