22 March 2013

Enjoy transition

Spring is finally getting closer but winter is still trying to hold on. This morning the car was covered in a thin layer of snow.. But later in the day the sunbeams slowly warmed up the world.. I am so looking forward to the first day of real spring now!

Today I thought I'd make a card that could reflect this transition between winter and spring. The card is made all from scraps from Teresa Collins and Glitz design papers.

The background was inspired by this fabulous turtorial by Paula! Here I've used Dylusion sprays and a brayer, added some water and voila! A perfect background:-) On top I layered some scraps of paper and some lace. Took a bit of gesso here and there and added some spray here aswell. I gave the front the finished touch using Prima crystals.


The inside of my card is really simple. Same tecchnique with the spray ink and brayer and a stamp from Dylusions was all it took:-)


I'm taking easter vacation from work next week and hope to get plenty of time creating then:-)
Wishing you all a great weekend:-)

4 comments:

Paula Whittaker said...

love how you've put this card together, I especially love the bold colour in the inside of the card - it certainly packs a punch.

SamsHomeCookedDesigns.com said...

This is lovely Paule, I never thought of using a Brayer with the Dylusions, will have to try it out. Sam

Words and Pictures said...

Gorgeous - just love that first collage - beautiful artwork!
Alison x

jaine drake said...

Lets hope, I'm fed up with winter. Your card is bright and cheery though, absolutely gorgeous.