28 September 2015

Black Art Journalling !!!!

Good morning lovely people, Tracy here with today's post.....

Has anyone tried art journalling on black mixed media paper ???
I love black paper and card but have never even thought of using it for my mixed media or art journalling. 

I was lucky enough to have a pile just sitting there waiting to experiment on and of course had to get out my dylusions paints and have a play.....


I layered up the dylusions paints and used some of Dy's stencils to add some interest to my page. The colours look so vibrant against a black background. I had  some left over painted deli paper from a previous project and used some small pieces of that to add a bit more colour to the background. 


I sketched in my flowers directly over my background and used Dina's heavy body white paint to blank them out ready to add colour with the new Prima Pallette marker pens in deep pink and honey. 

Final details were added with black and white doodle pens and some sticker  words I found in my stash. 

I loved journalling on black card and have heard that Ranger have released a new black journal.....think it will be on my list of new things to buy !!!

Supplies Used:
Dylusions Paints
Dina Wakely White Paint
Black Posca Pen
White Posca Pen
Prima Palette Markers

Have a great day everyone

Bright and painty hugs
Tracy
Xxx

7 comments:

Claudine said...

Pinning this one, it's beautiful

SewPaperPaint said...

This turned out just great! Fantastic page, great dimension!

Craftyfield said...

Beautiful page, love the colours!

Corrie Herriman said...

Gorgeous !

heARTistry said...

Thank you ladies. You really are too kind xx

Anonymous said...

Love it....Love all of your work. It makes me happy! :-D Sharing.

Garaleen

heARTistry said...

Thank you everyone for your kind comments. I appreciate every single one xx