27 July 2016

Bonjour!

Bonjour bloggers,  my theme today is a little on the French side!  My Daughter, Sophie,  has just returned from a little trip across the water.  It was her very first trip abroad on her own (with school). I was a little anxious, to say the least but she is home safe and sound.

I asked Sophie to keep her tickets and leaflets etc and said that we could do something special with them upon her return.  I decided to make a memory book where she can keep her special treasures and photos.



I painted the book cover in Dylusion London blue, white linen and cherry pie.  Using Tim Holtz stencils and the above paint I stencilled over the page.  




Once dried I doodled using a Posca pen.  I used the French words and The Eifel tower to stamp directly onto the book cover.  The stamps are from Julie Nutting 'bonjour' set, I didn't use the doll from the set  but selected another that was big enough for my project.  I coloured the doll using Inktence pencils and collaged her on to the cover.




All ready to hand over to Sophie to create her book of memories.

Thank you for stopping by today.

Happy crafting,

Clare x x x 

3 comments:

Sylvia said...

Fabulous book cover, love the colours and French theme stamps used. Ideal for those holiday memories.

Sylv xx

Caroline said...

Tres belle. A wonderful idea for your daughter. Beautifully coloured with a gorgeous background.

Craftyfield said...

Modern but girly this is a great cover! Perfect for a young girl.