25 September 2016

Sweet Dreams

Good morning all and happy weekend to you all.  I'm feeling a little sleepy at the moment, with Autumn around the corner and the dark nights making an appearence it is somewhat reflecting my mood in what I have made for this project.

                               
  


For this project I used:
Dylusion paints (crushed grape, lemon zest, bubblegum pink, vibrant turquoise, white linen)
Finnabair art basics 3D Matt gel 



On the door hanger I gave a coat of gesso.  Over this I blended crushed grape and white linen Dylusions paint. Once dried I applied some tiles of card using the 3D gel.  Using the lemon zest and bubblegum pink I applied more Dylusions paints in random areas of the hanger,  I love the way these blended to a different orange shade. I dried this layer before using the vibrant turquoise paint again in random areas.  I knocked everything back by dry brushing with white Dylusions paint.  Once this was dry I added some more vibrant turquoise.

Now that I had finished my painting I added some background stamping and stenciling, through a raindrop stencil I scrapped over some of the 3D gel and set aside to dry.

I stamped Pajama party onto some watercoloured card and coloured with inktense pencils.  I cut her out and adhered her using the 3D gel.



Around the tiles and Pajama Party I went in with my inktense pencils and added some shadows.  Finally I doodled with a White Posca pen.

Remember to drop by the A Sprinkle of Imagination shop where there are lots of special offers!

Crafty hugs,

Clare X X X 

4 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

This is fantastic! Love all the depth you created with the pencils.

Katie said...

Gorgeous door hanger. I love the detailed background

Dortesjs said...

Wow this is gorgeous

Courtney said...

This is ADORABLE! I love the background with the tiles, color and wording. The stamp is too cute. :)