31 May 2014

Imagine

I found this striking image in a magazine and before anyone had the chance to read it, I'd torn out the page to use in a journal.

Actually I have to go back a step as it all started with the background which is a hand made stamp I'm a bit proud of. I cut it a while ago with a piece of Softcut lino cutting material but the chance to use it didn't come up until now.



I added a strip of gold metalic spotty tape from My Minds Eye which I didn't fully appreciate until I'd taken off the white backing paper and saw how cool it really is.


I painted the word imagine and cut it out to lift it up with foam pads over my background.

Have a good weekend

Jaine x

6 comments:

Suejimbel said...

This is absolutely stunning! How clever to cut your own stamp, I am definitely going to 'steal' that idea as I came over to the blog to see where you had got it from! Thanks so much for sharing x

Saskia said...

Wow, that is a stamp to be proud of!

jasann said...

Just love this, so sophisticated!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous page!

Caroline said...

Oh My... Your stamp is fabulous!! How clever??!
You even painted the word which looks great too, perfect with the image. So glad I am not alone in leaving holes in magazines, lol... I think you should do a tutorial for stamp cutting, please? Tfs :)))

Corrie Herriman said...

Fabulous !
Corrie x