I wanted to create something with a funky, whimsical looking frame... so thought I'd have a bash at making one of my own!
Here is the end result..
The frame is raised around the picture in the middle, and was really easy to do (if a bit messy!)
I tore up some tissue paper and glued it around the edge of a bit of cardboard...
Once it was stuck down firmly, I used gel medium and old book pages to cover it, making sure not to flatten out the 'bumpiness'
Once the whole thing is covered, you get an idea of the contours and shape of the frame..
The frame then needs to dry out completely before you start painting! I went for a black and white striped look for the frame..
The house and background were all painted with Dina Wakely paint. Lots of doodling, dots and a phrase finishes it off nicely..
I like frames.... might need to experiment a bit more to create some more unique effects, why not have a go!