30 January 2016
Hi folks, and happy weekend :) Shirley here with a little stamped creation for you. I stamped two large outline poppies and one small outline poppy from the Donna Downey Poppies set using Versafine Onyx Black, masking as I went along. I left the masks on while I stamped the background (Darkroom Door Background Stamp - Peeled Paint) using, appropriately enough, Peeled Paint Distress Ink.
After removing the masks, I painted the petals with Festive Berries and Barn Door Distress Inks, then added Walnut Stain Distress Stickles to the poppy stamens. Once everything was dry, I sponged a bit of Fired Brick Distress Ink to the centres of the flowers to deepen the colour.
I wanted to jazz up the background, so I covered the poppies with the masks again and stamped the text from Dina Wakley's Textures set.
Then I decided that the gaps between the text needed to be filled in so I used the dot stamp from the Textures set.
Here's another version that I made first, but in a slightly different way. I stamped the solid poppy images in Distress Ink, blasted with a heat gun, then stamped and gold-embossed the line images. The embossing powder still managed to stick to the petal area but I deliberately left it, to give it a grungy look. I was using mixed media paper (porous, similar to watercolour paper) and the embossing soaked into the paper, so I ironed it all off. Then I watercoloured the background with Distress Inks and stamped the text.
So there you have it, two 6x6 inch stamped and watercolored panels, which can either be trimmed to fit a card front, or mounted and framed.
See you next time!