19 February 2016

Golden Girl


Hi everyone, and happy Friday!  I've been playing with Viva Decor Inka Gold today to make my Golden Girl mixed media card.

I spread a very small amount of Inka Gold onto an acetate sheet, spritzed it lightly with water then worked the paste into the water to dissolve it, then tapped some Distress Inkpads onto the acetate and spritzed those, then swooshed a piece of card through the puddle a couple of times.  And this is what I got:


Using a Ranger Sponge Applicator I sponged Dylusions Bubblegum Pink paint through a Donna Downey 12x12 Perforated Dot Flower stencil to get this gorgeous background.



Once I'd stamped the Julie Nutting Mixed Media Doll I painted the dress and crown with a watered down paste of Inka Gold, then coloured her skin, hair and bow with Distress Inks.  Look at the shine on her dress!

When I'm fussy cutting images where an inner area needs to be removed, e.g. between arms and body, I often cut straight across the arm following the line of the skirt, cut out the inner area, then realign the arm and stick back together with a bit of 1/8" Wonder Tape on the back and you can't see the join!


Have a great weekend!
Shirley

3 comments:

Pat Crossland said...

Shirley, what a wonderful technique for a background!! Thanks for sharing....

Mrs Harry said...

Lovely shiny card and a great tip about the cutting out.

Anita in France said...

Luscious, Shirley ... what a stunning smooshy background ... fabulous with that posh frocked girl! Hugs, Anita :)