07 February 2016

Happy Anniversary


Happy weekend, folks!  Shirley here with a slightly grungy anniversary card for you.  February being the month of love, we're seeing plenty of hearts, pinks, reds - but rather than a valentine's card, I thought I'd make an anniversary card.

I started by colouring a piece of mixed media card with Barn Door Distress Paint.  Once that had dried, I applied Brushed Pewter Distress Paint to some bubble wrap and used it as a stamp onto the panel.  I used the Lawn Fawn Lawn Cuts Small Stitched Rectangles to trim the panel.


The 'happy' (diecut from glitter foam) and 'anniversary' are from the Hero Arts Happy Stamp & Cut set.


The red Distress Paint hadn't covered fully, leaving some of the paper texture showing, but I think that adds to the grunginess :)


The heart is made from Tim Holtz Grungepaper which had been sponged with Fired Brick Distress Ink then embossed to give it texture, and heat-set with clear embossing powder.  I attached it to the red panel with a heart-shaped brad which I found in my stash.

On a tent-fold white card, I 'painted' some Brushed Pewter marks with a credit card, added some more marks to the red panel, then adhered the panel to the card.

I hope I've given you some ideas for Valentine's or anniversary cards.  See you soon!

Shirley

4 comments:

cm said...

Shirley, this is one grungy-gorgeous card! Thank you for sharing the how-to details! Smitten...
~c

Darnell said...

You have such talent for making different elements meld together like grunge poetry, Shirley! This is a vibrant card of LOVErlyness!! Hugs, Darnell

nancy littrell said...

Love your slightly grungy anniversary mixed media beauty Shirley. TFS all your details. Hugs,Nancy

Drew Watts said...

Loved this anniversary card! The design is adorable. I am seeking ideas for my wedding invitation. Going to have a garden wedding at one of local wedding venues. Hoping to get a unique and elegant invitation done.