05 April 2016

Scribbly Bird

Hi, it's so lovely being on holiday at the moment, it gives me more time to be able to play and explore so without further ado let me show you what has been going on in my journal.

 

For this journal entry I used Dina Wakely heavy body acrylics,  Dina Wakely stencils; Spinners Tim Holtz layering stencil; splotches. Dina Wakely Scibbly Birds.   Alcohol inks and Posca paint pens.  Pop over to the online shop for a gander at the marvellous selection of mixed media materials. 


I built up the layers with Dina's creamy paints and stencils then painted on the flowers and bubbles. The scrbbly bird was stamped onto a sheet of alcohol inks which had been previously prepared, I cut it out and stuck it onto my colourful page.


Finally I added some doodling with my paint pens.  I always seem to get carried away at this stage and wonder how much is too much doodling?

Thank you for stopping by today.

Crafty hugs,
Clare x x x 

6 comments:

Suchi said...

Oh Clare! This is beautiful! Love the little birdie, the coloring, flowers, everything! :)
Suchi xx

Pat Crossland said...

Clare love these birds...in fact think I have them somewhere...must sort out my craft room...and USE my stash....

Craftyfield said...

Lovely page, with artistic flair and spring colours, what's not to like!

Brawny x said...

Gorgeous work. X

Jackie T said...

Wow this is stunning I love all the bright colours. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Kate M said...

Great page, lovely colours and that sweet little bird!
xx