28 February 2013

Embossing workshop part 4 - Throwing everything at it.

It's the fourth and final workshop in my embossing mini series and on my journal page I've managed to creep in more than one technique so you're getting more for your money so to speak!



My background started out with a layer of paste through a Crafters Workshop stencil, acrylic was painted over that in turquoise and green with a print from one of the ephemera packs glued on with gel medium. 

I wanted to create a resist with my UTEE so I used a stippling brush to add the perfect medium through a Prima stencil.

 
I added the UTEE and melted the powder. 
 
 

On the other side of the page I used my clear ink pad to swipe over the raised portion of my texture and added powder. My ink pad skimmed over the surface so I was able to just add powder to the very tops of my texture adding to it further.


I then swiped over the entire page with a Distress stain in Wild Honey which stained most of the page but left where I'd added the embossing powder. The effect reminded me a bit of a grungy wall.


Here I also cut a star using a Sizzix die then dry embossed it. I wiped my ink pad over the top to catch the raised areas and heat embossed again. I stained it with the Distress stain wiping off the excess from the embossing.
 
 
Here's a closer look at all of the embossing together. The title was cut from a magazine and the border top and bottom was cut from Glitz Design Yours Truly Ephemera.
 
 
I  hope you enjoyed my mini series and it's inspired you to try some embossing of your own.

See you soon

Jaine x
 

2 comments:

ElizabethR said...

I love all the layers on this, you've got my little old brain cells working again!! Elizabeth xxx

Patrice said...

It ' s a beautiful result Jaine.. I love the colors and all...
Greets Patrice