22 December 2013

Christmas journal

For the past couple of years I've kept a Christmas journal but I'd decided early on that this year I wouldn't bother. I've seen friends posting pictures of their December daily's and journals and actually I felt quite jealous. 

As you can see I gave in and decided to make one at the last minute. As this is posting (hopefully) I'll be in the car on my way to England for Christmas and the journal will be with me. 


The inside pages are simple sewn watercolour paper and the covers are hard cardboard with binding tape. 

I used the Glitz Design Finnley collection to cover the book and cut the decorative elements. This is an absolutely gorgeous collection of papers, so bright and funky yet one or two of the papers like this red rose paper and the grungy green are perfect for Christmas layouts. I used some Ranger silver foil card to cut the frame and the stickers also come from the Finnley collection. The stamp in the frame is from Christy Tomlinson and is from the Create Your Canvas Words collection.




I think I may have gone a bit over the top with the glitter but it is Christmas, right?

Have a wonderful Christmas and I look forward to catching up in 2014.

Jaine x


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic cover! Have a great Christmas.