26 September 2014

Ti Amo!!

Don't you just love a short cut!! I'm back with another quick card this week altho, at first glance it probably doesn't look like a quick card!!

I love creating my own backgrounds, getting out the gesso, paints, spray inks, texture paste, the lot!

Sometimes however, it's nice to get a little help to acheive that look you might have planned in your head.. especially if time is short! Want to know how?

For the background of this card I have used an already inky piece of patterned scrapbook paper from Glitz Design. I used a 6x6 sheet from the Wild & Free pad. These papers are scaled down versions of the larger 12x12 size and are perfect for card making.

I used a selection of my favourite stamps from Stampotique Originals and some of my favourite ink pads. The choice is yours for the taking...

Here is my quick background...


Next, I stamped my main images and sentiment onto watercolour cardstock. I decided to colour the images this week using Distress Inks and a fine paint brush.

All that was left then was to add some finishing touches using a white Sakura Gelly Roll Pen.

My finished card...


Thank you for calling. Wishing you a lovely weekend. Gez


2 comments: