30 August 2015

Heart Journal

Hello my lovelies!

Georgie here, and today I'm sharing with you a page from my Heart Journal.

Journal pages are just the most wonderful thing to do because you just let the creative juice flow and run with it, not worrying so much about the outcome. I adore hearts and have now dedicated a little art journal book to hearts and artwork. So every page I make has to include a heart somewhere lol!



A frenzy of Finn products were used, but one of the most important things is getting you base right. Slapping on some gesso and modelling paste allows the paint to move and run rather than being absorbed straight into the paper.

Next I added some texture sand. I did two layers. the first being a light coat stretching it down the page with a palette knife, and the second, I created the heart shape.

Once dry, and this takes overnight because of its thickness, I gave the heart a coat with black gesso. Then came the shimmery magical goodness from the Art Ingredients Mica Powder. I used Gold and Teal, sprinkling on the page dry and then spritzing with water to let the colours 'play', however still keeping the movement vertical.


I then hit back over around the edge of the heart in black gesso to add definition. The same time hitting some of the other raised areas.

Archival Inks teamed with 'Messy' stamp achieved some extra interest to the background and some horizontal movement.


The cherry on top was the little touches of bling that just add to the sparkle and shimmer factor. I never used to be one for 'sparkle' but over the last 6 months or so, I have to say I'm now a fan! And if you love shimmer then the Art Ingredients Mica Powder is just fabulous!

Have a lovely day my friends, and please see below my list of 'ingredients'...
Hugs
Georgie xx

Art Basics Gesso
Art Basics Modeling Paste
Art Extravagance Black Sand
Art Ingredients Black Gesso
Art Ingredients Mica Powder Gold and Teal
Finnabar Clear Stamp - Messy
Mister Spray Bottle
Prima Say It In Crystals Rounds - 551452




10 comments:

Craftyfield said...

This looks so much fun to make! All these gorgeous textures, layers and shine....
BTW I wanted to comment on Tracy's colourful projects (Thursday's post) but couldn't find the "Comment" button.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wow Georgie! Love the way the mica has moved! The black gesso is a bold move but makes this oh so fabulous! Hugs, Chrisx

Helen said...

Gorgeous!!!

Karen Petitt said...

Gorgeous! Love the texture, the colours and the little bit of bling: my idea of heaven, TFS Karen x

A Pink said...

Love how you've worked all those fab finn products to create a really stunning journo page . Fabulous colours and texture . A real touch and feel piece of art . x

Pawsitively Creative said...

Oh she done it again! Love this gorgeous heart art dearie! I have been looking at some Art Ingredients and you sealed the deal for me. This is super duper awesome sauce! ~Niki

Words and Pictures said...

What an amazing textural page, Georgie - fabulous!
Alison x

Sanderijn de Bruin said...

This is so gorgeous Georgie! I love it so much...Really great texture! Would love to see how you did it!

sarascloset said...

Beautiful AJ page! Love the sparkle and TEXTURE! Yum! I've moved those art ingredients to the top of my list!

Samra said...

WOW!!! Another stunner Georgie!!!
Hugs :)
Samra