06 March 2016

Happy Mother's Day!


Happy Sunday, and Happy Mother's Day!  I thought I'd show you the card I've made for my mum, using the Pomegranate Bits from Julie Fei-Fan Balzer.

There are two masks in the pack, and all I did was ink them with Distress Ink Minis, spritz lightly with water, then lay each one down onto white card, pressing with kitchen towel to ensure full contact and to make sure the inks blend.
You can get a bit of splatter/leakage as you lay the mask onto your card, but that suits me, because I add more splatter anyway!

When you remove the mask, there is still sufficient ink left on it for another quick spritz and a softer image.  You can also use either side of a mask, which helps to give a bit of variety to your composition.

To finish off my card, I defined the edges of the images by very quickly and loosely scribbling around the edges with a fine tipped black pen.  I created a matching sentiment by watercolouring the same Distress Inks onto white card, then die-cutting the Hero Arts Happy Stamp & Cut, and stamping the rest of the sentiment, then mounted the whole panel onto yellow card.

That's it from me today - enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Shirley x

7 comments:

Ardyth said...

So beautiful! Love the colours and how pretty those masks are!

Pat Crossland said...

this is ace Shirley.....and technique could be used for all sorts of cards!!

Lindsey said...

Wonderful card. Love the vibrant colours and 'free' feel to it x

Dara Lynn said...

Love the results of the mask and sprays! Your Mum will love it!

Julie S said...

What an excellent idea to use the masks this way! Beautiful card.

maria f. said...

Bet Mum got a big smile at this one! I would've too had you used a loo roll ;)

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

This is so pretty. Fabulous colours and your final bit of definition really shows the flowers off to perfection.
Sharon xx