04 April 2015

Evolution of a doodle

I know I'm a bit slow on the uptake sometimes and usually I live in a little world of denial until I give in just to see if I was right all along and this is one of those very examples.

Quite a few of my friends use Inktense pencils and being a bit 'tight' when it comes to spending money, I had the view that they were just another water colour pencil of which I've quite a few. It was only after coming across a video on You Tube where they were being compared to your ordinary pencils that I thought ok, lets give them a go.

They didn't disappoint in any way and I really gave them a run for their money creating a background and colouring my main image.


I did gesso the page first to get maximum effect then used my Micro pen by Sakura to doodle the tree.


Finishing off the page with some white painty marks using a store card all it needed was a touch washi tape (Tim Holtz) here and there and that was it.


The colour of the pencil ink is very bright and delivers exactly what it promised to. If you're like me, wondering what all the fuss is about then give them a go. Vicki sells them in singles in the shop so you only need to buy a few to try them out, no need for a major expense.


Happy Easter weekend everyone.

Jaine x

7 comments:

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,lovely design and image.xxx

Zoechaos said...

Hi, we have seen that you have started a new challenge and would love to list it at Challenges for days but cannot see the start day/date each month. I wonder if you could drop me a line at zoechaos@icloud.com with he details. Thank you.

Unknown said...

Love how the tree pops from the page Jaine - this is beautiful xx

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

Loving this,you have a quirky sense of art too! I love Inktense pencils,they are so vibrant and easy to use,glad you've now discovered them ;)
Big hugs
Donna xxx

CreativSpirit said...

I really love this gorgeous page.

Unknown said...

Tempted to buy them now;) !!!

Craftyfield said...

Beautiful doodles and vibrant colours!