14 April 2015

Special Guest Designer; Shirley Bampton

Hello!
We have another wonderful project to share today from our April Guest Designer:
Shirley Bampton


 I'm thrilled to be back for my second guest design spot. I've used the Don't Forget To Fly stamp set by Finnabair. I wanted to stamp a front and back of this image on cotton canvas, with the possibility of stitching them together and making an art doll. 

I started by inking the stamp with Versafine Onyx Black except for the sentiment across the middle because I wanted one of the other sentiments, then stamped it onto the canvas piece, then I stamped the sentiment in the gap.  For the back view, I re-inked the stamp, this time leaving out the face as well as the sentiment, and stamped that onto the other canvas.  I stamped one of the text circles for the back of the head, and one of the other sentiments across the middle.



I added some colour with Distress Inks and a paintbrush, and decided it would now be a pincushion or just a hanging 'thing', so off I trotted to the local craft store for some wadding, and stitched the two pieces together, using a length of giant ricrac for the loop, then I frayed the edges.   Here's the back view of the finished article:



Thanks so much for inviting me to be a guest designer!

No... Thank YOU Shirley for creating fabulous projects for us to drool over!
We will be featuring a guest designer most months here on the blog...so keep checking in to see who is up next! 
Have a great day!  

1 comment:

Caroline said...

This is Fab! Another stamp set from my "wish list".... I have never stamped on fabric before as always fear it won't stamp clearly or will rub off. Seeing this wonderful creation & what products are used is very helpful. I do wonder if there is a way to seal it so it can be washed? Ty for great post!