23 January 2013

The story of Grandpa

As soon as I got my hands on this Die Cut & Perforated Bank statment from Jenni Bowlin, I knew I had to make a page for my grandpa! I love the vintage feel of it and wanted to make a vintage layout.


 In my first DT-kit I got a Claudine Hellmuth Sticky-Back canvas sheet. I loved playing with it using paint and inks but unfortunately I didn't get a useful result this time;-) But then I decided to do some stamping on a piece of it and distressing it with som instant coffe and water. I also used some Tattered Angels Glimmer mist here. I ruffled the edges and stiched it down using a French Kiss - Paper layer from Glitz Designs, as a mat. As I can't throw anything away I used the thorned thread from the canvas sheet to embellish the page.


I had one piece of the canvas left and  thought I give it a go in the printer! And I just love the result! 



 I made some flowers from a newspaper and coloured it with instant coffee.  I also embellished my page with some old buttons, washi tape, Jenni Bowlin Printed flag tags and printed tags, and Grey Skinny Alpha also from Jenni Bowlin. I also used some Teeny Alphas from Glitz designs for my title.
To finish the page off I used Tim Holtz Distress ink around the page.



supply list:
Claudine Hellmuth:

Glitz Designs:

  Tattered Angels:

5 comments:

Lauren Hender said...

All things vintage and yummy!!Beautiful LO :-)

Paula Whittaker said...

I adore this LO, everything is just perfect to me - this is the kind of LO I aspire to do myself, one day I hope!

Jennie Atkinson said...

This is absolutely fabulous! Just my sort of layout and I love all the little details, particularly the way you have stamped and aged the canvas. Those ledger pieces are now on my wish list!!

jaine the basement gal. said...

So pretty. I love the vintage feel it's perfect.

Katherine (sutty) said...

Beautiful - I love printing on the canvas....reminds me to dig it out and have a play some more - thank you.